Monday, February 4, 2008

Why staying out until 5 a.m. on a school night is a bad idea...

Statistics...which I missed today, due to a bad case of the drinksies. Not a big deal, I'm just sitting in on the class ( thank GOD), but today was a struggle for both Will and I, as we watched the Superbowl at the Embassy of Texas (oh no, you read it correctly, I said, the Embassy of Texas). We met lots of other Americans, most of whom I thought it would be AWESOME to be friends with 5 beers in...met a Texan Jew...that was very unexpected. I'm glad the Giants won, although I can't really say I cared all that much in general, but...whatever.

Keri came out with us, she's our American LSE representative, she helped me focus on not watching the game, since I talked her ear of the entire time. But it was a good time, the food was, craptastic, but Tex Mex, which we both miss, so, it was good in some ways. And, it was at a place called the Embassy of Texas. I seriously contemplated getting my mom a shirt...maybe for her birthday...

This morning, we both awoke to the cats screaming, and pounding headaches as we were piecing together how exactly we got home last night (it was the bus, but we don't remember much after saying goodbye to Keri...but, on the plus side, we are home, and we have everything, including kidneys and livers).

I made it to my real class, and then went to a Bruno Latour lecture, while Will went to work, so we powered through the struggle.

Anyway, other than that, the flat still sucks, school is still hard, and Will will find out if he got the job on Friday, stay tuned.

No comments: