Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Selling Futons vs. Selling Coffee

So this will be a quick one, mainly because we have no more internet, and I'm about to run off to a seminar, but I wanted to give a brief look into something I've given a lot of though (as in, the last couple of days, while at work), as why I think I ROCK at selling futons, and why I think I could NEVER sell coffee, and I feel bad for Will.

1) Futons stores open at 10 am, not 6:30 am- I am NOT a morning person, and have trouble using anything remotely mechanical before 1 (as in pm).
2) People, when shopping for Futons can be grumpy, but since you are in England, the land of bad customer service, you are ALLOWED to yell back at them, and tell them not to come back to your shop. (Manager approved!) People are almost always grumpy before consuming coffee, therefore, you can never quite make it fast enough, and your chance of getting yelled at are significantly higher. Since Will has a crazy bad manager, he's not allowed to yell at the clientele, even when they dump milk all over the tables and poop in the middle of the bathroom floor.
3) Everyone wants a coffee, but only people that have money want futons, therefore, you make larger sales, and aren't there when the product is delivered.
4)The commission, while it's not huge, it's a nice little perk! Coffee selling does not include comission based sales.
5)Starbucks does not allow you to give family or friends free coffee drinks when you stop by for a visit, and I feel that the option should be available. No one expects a free futon from a friend that works at the futon store.

That's enough of that, I have to say that FUTONS ROCK (but this may be because I made a particularly large sale today, and am overly proud of myself...)

Stay tuned to hear about the Will-job...it's a-coming!

No comments: